Tuesday, April 9, 2013

this is why we ride...

the power of transformation is powerful. Deepak Chopra writes:
a person's identity isn't a cloak that can be taken off. Transforming your identity is more like performing surgery on yourself; you must act as the doctor and the patient. This is an impossible task in the physical world, but entirely possible with awareness.Awareness looks at itself, and when it does, it can search out flaws and fix them. The reason it can mend itself is that only awareness is involved. When you become aware of your defects, the result is fatal for the ego. It can't compete with the soul's vision of fulfillment. We have been conditioned to believe that it is the ego that is practical and realistic in its approach to life, while the soul is unattainable and detached from everyday affairs.
Here is what the ego thinks; I have everything I need to be comfortable. I am serene because bad things can't come near me. Through hard work, anything can be achieved. I measure myself by my accomplishments. I win much more often than I lose. I have a strong self-image. Because I am attractive, I win the attention of the opposite sex. When I find perfect love, it will be on my terms.
The soul's vision: I am everything I need. I am secure because I have nothing to fear in myself. The flow of lifes abundance brings me everything. I do not measure myself by external standard. Giving is more important than winning. I have no self-image, I am beyond image. Other people are attracted to me soul to soul. I can find perfect love because I have discovered it first in myself.
We ride from our souls, to nurture one another and the greatness that exists inside us. We pedal our bikes, no different from a child, a man getting to work in a third world country, a bespoke gentleman going for tea with his beloved. We ride from the soul everyday. No ego. Never. Our mission is to pedal bikes, bikes baby. Urban Warriors making connections, paying forward with love and respect. We drop no one, on the road and in our lives. We ride not as a team but as a peleton, where everyone is valuable and has a place and a purpose. We never forget that. Ever. Urban Warrior Velo Club. Are we ready for this season? I tip my hat ladies and gentlemen and let the rides begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment